An Introduction to Karhoo
At Karhoo, we are creating the largest and most transparent marketplace for ground transportation: the Karhoo Mobility Exchange.
By aggregating ground transport around the world, with regulated/licensed taxi and Private Hire Vehicles (PHV), we will give greater choice to consumers and corporates alike, bring new opportunities and data for the private and public sector, and help to enable ‘smart cities’ for citizens everywhere.
Karhoo, the first fully-integrated global, neutral, booking platform for regulated Taxis and PHVs, funded by RCI Bank and Services, the financial services provider for the Groupe Renault brands in the world and for the Nissan Group brands mainly in Europe.
We are looking for a Full Stack Engineer:
We are looking for a full-stack software engineer to join our team at this exciting and still early stage in our company's growth to help us build the mobility marketplace experience for our partners.
We are adapting the latest technologies to push forward our product leaps and bounds into the next year.
Challenging the mindset of how we can do things to advance our platform further ahead from both a scalability point of view as well as performance lies at the core of our values. Quality is key and with this in mind you will have the mindset to make sure things are done in the best way they can be done.
If you're looking for an opportunity to join a fast-paced startup that adapts cutting-edge technologies and promotes an environment for collaborative culture and growth striving to deliver production quality code first time around then look no further!
- Design, develop, deploy and support world-class, enterprise-level products.
- Understand and follow the flow from storyboarding, wire-framing, prototyping to completed UI/backend.
- Prepare low fidelity prototypes for internal review and brainstorming.
- Capable of gauging technical feasibility of the prototype.
- Present high-fidelity designs/mock-ups for review/iteration/approval.
- Participate in software operational excellence efforts by identifying and troubleshooting customer pain points.
- Create high quality technical documentation supported by example code where necessary.
5+ years of work experience in software design and development, and hands-on experience in building large-scale UI/web applications.
- Minimum 2 years of hands-on experience with React mandatory
- Familiarity with React-Redux library
- Hands-on experience with Typescript.
- Extensive experience in Web fundamentals like HTML 5 and CSS3.
- Hands-on experience with backend development in at least one of these technologies: Node/Java(JVM)/Go (2 preferred)
- Familiarity with OOP paradigms.
- Working knowledge of source code repository Git.
- Experience with Agile development methodologies.
- Experience with Jenkins Setup CI/CD (Continuous Integration / Continuous delivery).
- Experience in database technologies like MongoDB, MySQL etc a plus.
- Willingness to learn new technologies (including those backend-oriented)
Geographical Scope / Location
This is a remote-first role - whilst you will primarily be working remotely, we would like you to be open to coming to our Kraków office on occasion (as COVID-19 regulations permit). All of our offices are COVID-secure workplaces.
Benefits / Package
We offer a generous package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- full-time contracts can participate in life and medical insurance coverage
- access to our online benefits platform
- multisport card
- social events and initiatives with our local and global teams
- a centrally located office at your disposal with free parking (right next to Kraków Główny station)
Karhoo - Better Together
At Karhoo we value diversity and recognise that building a diverse team makes our business stronger and more successful. To create an inclusive environment, we empower our staff with the responsibility to be open, share their ideas and experiences whilst listening to their colleagues for the betterment of themselves, our business and the industry we operate in.
Our Diversity and Inclusivity Forum, Better Together, is led by our staff and exists to provide Karhoo with the necessary information and initiatives to ensure our teams are representative and supportive of different cultures, experiences and perspectives that yield the very best results.