An Introduction to Karhoo
At Karhoo, we are creating the largest and most transparent marketplace for ground transportation: the Karhoo Mobility Exchange.
By aggregating ground transport around the world, with regulated/licensed taxi and Private Hire Vehicles (PHV), we will give greater choice to consumers and corporates alike, bring new opportunities and data for the private and public sector, and help to enable ‘smart cities’ for citizens everywhere.
Karhoo, the first fully-integrated global, neutral, booking platform for regulated Taxis and PHVs, funded by RCI Bank and Services, the financial services provider for the Groupe Renault brands in the world and for the Nissan Group brands mainly in Europe.
Software Development Manager
We are adapting the latest and greatest technologies to push forward our product leaps and bounds into the next year. We are looking for a Software Development Manager to join our team at this exciting and still very early stage in our company’s growth.
We’re looking for motivated individuals who can help push our Supply Engineering further through new tooling and quality. Changing the mindset of how we can do things and advance our platform further ahead from both a scalability point of view as well as performance.
Quality is key and with this in mind you will have the mindset to make sure things are done in the best way they can be done.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join a fast-paced startup that promotes an environment for collaborative culture and growth striving to deliver production quality code first time around then look no further!
We are looking for a new Software Development Manager. You'll make our supply partner’s lives better through the features and service improvements that your team delivers and owns, and will work with other engineering leaders to guide both the success of supply engineering and Karhoo as a whole. As part of our team you'll be able to bring innovation and execute on new ideas that will raise the bar on what our supply partners can provide to the Karhoo platform.
As an SDM in Karhoo the primary responsibilities are:
- Hiring and developing your team. A successful service starts with a great team, and delivering through others is your primary responsibility.
- Defining and executing on a roadmap for that team. You'll know and talk with your main stakeholders on a regular basis, as well as using data and metrics to understand how your services are used, and build and deliver on a roadmap focused on customer satisfaction.
- Making the operation of your services safe and sustainable. Leaders in Karhoo know the details of their services and prioritise the right improvements to keep things running smoothly.
- Take ownership. You'll drive execution of projects within your team and work with your peers to keep everyone aligned. You'll clearly and transparently communicate status to leadership and get help where needed to unblock your team.
- Contributing to the overall Karhoo leadership team. You'll be part of defining our culture, ensuring our teams have everything they need to be productive and excited to work at Karhoo, and helping to drive company-wide initiatives that improve life for all our teams.
Geographical / Business Unit Scope:
- Role will be based in Krakow, Poland
We are looking for experienced Software Managers with established skills in designing and developing solutions to complex problems. Strong technical credentials, with several years experience building out and line managing software development teams, ideally with some hands-on architectural or distributed systems experience.
You should have a strong track record of project delivery for cross-functional projects. This includes excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences, including a track record of communicating well with executives and non-technical leaders
This role includes working with remote suppliers and development teams. You should, therefore, be both able and willing to travel if and when it is deemed necessary to the completion of your duties.
Above all, we are looking for someone who is curious, thinks critically, is eager to learn and is keen to use their experience to help and support others.
As a successful candidate you should find yourself fitting into the following list:
- Creative, passionate, practical individual to join a growing team of like-minded people.
- Comfortable working at a high level of abstraction, yet able to work at a detailed technical level.
- Strong technical project management skills and a clear understanding of the challenges best practices and practical considerations of working with remote suppliers/developers.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer sciences or equivalent is required; Master's Degree is preferred
- 10+ years of experience working in the industry
- Minimum of 5 years of practical Team Lead experience leading Technical teams
- Experience working on developing a large-scale PaaS/SaaS platform where performance is important.
- An interest or previous experience in Golang