We have an opportunity for a technically excellent and tech-savvy lawyer to join our growing team to help deliver our aggressive growth and global rollout. You will have the ability to move with verve and energy from analysis of complex legal problems in any of our jurisdictions to giving practical and commercially focused advice to our business and identifying key risks and generate mitigation strategies.
A little bit about us
At Karhoo, we are creating the largest and most transparent marketplace for ground transportation: the Karhoo Mobility Exchange.
By positively enabling ground transport around the world, with regulated/licensed taxi and PHV fleets, we will give greater variety to consumers and corporations alike, bring new opportunities and data for the private and public sector, and help to enable ‘smart cities’ for citizens everywhere.
Flit Technologies is now the parent company of the Karhoo Group. RCI, the financial services provider for the Groupe Renault, is our majority shareholder. What this means is that you will be able to make your mark at a well-funded early-stage high-growth (not to mention ambitious) company aspiring to shape the future of transportation with the backing of one of the most recognised brands in the world – Groupe Renault.
The role has arisen due to the need to support the rapid expansion of Karhoo and our accelerating global rollout. As part of our growing legal team, you will support all teams across the business from Business Development, to Finance, to the Platform Development team. You will also help corporate governance for our various group companies – currently in London, Paris, Krakow, and NYC.
Core Duties will include:
- Advising on drafting and negotiating technology contracts, in particular, API Licence, Portal Licences, SaaS, Software Services, Cloud Hosting, Data Usage, Joint Ventures;
- Advising on drafting and negotiating general commercial contracts;
- Advising on and undertaking corporate transactions including M&A;
- Advising and assisting with our compliance programmes including Data Privacy, ground transportation laws, competition law amongst others;
- Supporting the Company Secretary with relevant filings, minutes and upkeep of registers;
- Managing dispute resolution where required;
- Managing outside counsel where required; and
- Anything you can think of – we’re a young company with global ambitions!
Essential Skills & Requirements:
- Qualified UK or other EU lawyer (c. 2-8 PQE – guide only) with strong contract drafting background.
- Extensive background in technology, IP, data protection, contract, and commercial law, experience of M&A and corporate law would be advantageous;
- Excellent academics; some in-house/relevant secondment experience strongly preferred;
- Experience of other jurisdictions EMEA, USA and/or Asia.
- Fluent English is essential, other languages are a plus.
The ability to communicate and forge strong relationships is crucial to this role as the successful candidate will be interacting with a wide variety of different stakeholders within the business - you will need to speak in terms they understand. The ideal candidate will be dependable and adaptable and will be capable of acting autonomously whilst being able to pull together with the team when needed.
- A successful candidate will need to be an extremely organised self-starter who is a team player and able to thrive in a fast-paced, agile work environment.
- The candidate should be able to provide succinct and clear commercial advice and be comfortable tackling unfamiliar legal/ regulatory concepts.
- Have the ability to consistently say ‘yes’ without compromising the company or oneself –able to always find a solution.
- Patience and a sense of humour is essential.
Package and Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Your own L&D budget
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life insurance