At Karhoo, we are creating the largest and most transparent marketplace for ground transportation: the Karhoo Mobility Exchange.
By positively enabling ground transport around the world, with regulated/licensed taxi and PHV fleets, we will give greater variety to consumers and corporations alike, bring new opportunities and data for the private and public sector, and help to enable ‘smart cities’ for citizens everywhere.
Karhoo, the first fully-integrated global, neutral, booking platform for regulated Taxis and PHVs was bought out of administration in January 2017, funded by RCI Bank and Services, the financial services provider for the Groupe Renault brands in the world and for the Nissan Group brands.
We are adapting the latest and greatest technologies to bring our product leaps and bounds into the next year. We are looking for an experienced Android Engineer to join our team at this exciting and still very early stage in our company’s growth.
We’re looking for motivated individuals who can help push the Android team further through new tech and quality. Changing the mindset of how we can do things and advance our platform further ahead from both a scalability point of view as well as performance.
Quality is key and with this in mind you will have that mindset to make sure things are done in the best way they can be done.
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join a fast paced startup that promotes an environment for collaborative culture and growth striving to delivering production quality code first time around then look no further!
- Join a fast-growing and collaborative Agile development team, working to build new and enhance existing features of a game-changing application.
- Develop, unit test and integrate new application features according to specific designs and user stories.
- Participate in application architecture design.
- Own delivery of your work end-to- end from collaboration with Product team on definition through to deployment.
- Devise innovative solutions to complex technical problems and make design decisions in line with our technical strategy.
- Undertake code and design reviews and contribute to the ongoing improvement of the way we work.
- Have fun doing it!
- Solid commercial experience developing native Android applications
- Ability to write high quality, clean and maintainable code
- Working knowledge of Google Maps and related Google APIs
- Experience developing applications to the exacting standards of the Material Design principles
- Proponent of well-established best practices and 3rd party libraries
- Experience with memory management, debugging and profiling of Android applications
- Comfortable working within a small but agile teams
- Test-driven development experience and unit testing experience with JUnit/Mockito
- Experience with continuous integration and the Gradle build system
- Strong knowledge of Git and version control and GitFlow
- Positive attitude and strong communication skills
- Computer Science / Computer Engineering degree or similar
- Working knowledge of Coroutines
- Interest/Experience in iOS development
- Very strong verbal/written communication skills & excellent attention to detail
- Excellent judgment skills and team working abilities
- Strong time management, accountability and organisational skills
- Energetic, enthusiastic and self motivated with a strong work ethic
- A proactive and driven attitude towards QA and ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrable ability to self-manage and be organised with a strong work ethic
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Strong commercial awareness, with an understanding of business priorities
- Confidence to manage the needs and demands of multiple development teams
- Highly adaptable and capable of working in a high pressure environment
- Competitive salary
- Your own L&D budget
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Travel insurance
- Life insurance
- Free fruit, free Coffee (an In-House barista) and a roof-top terrace in our WeWork Office in Paddington