An Introduction to Karhoo
At Karhoo, we are creating the largest and most transparent marketplace for ground transportation: the Karhoo Mobility Exchange.
By aggregating ground transport around the world, with regulated/licensed taxi and Private Hire Vehicles (PHV), we will give greater choice to consumers and corporates alike, bring new opportunities and data for the private and public sector, and help to enable ‘smart cities’ for citizens everywhere.
Karhoo, the first fully-integrated global, neutral, booking platform for regulated Taxis and PHVs, funded by RCI Bank and Services, the financial services provider for the Groupe Renault brands in the world and for the Nissan Group brands mainly in Europe.
We are looking for a Key Account Manager
The Key Account Manager is responsible for the strategic growth and retention of appointed partnerships and development of new business. The role focuses on the development of long-term partnerships with a key focus on growth through maximising the value of the relationships via incremental sales, customer satisfaction and profitable revenue.
Reporting to the VP Business Development Central Europe, and located in Germany, Austria or Switzerland, the Key Account Manager for Central Europe will be an expert in this region and contribute to deliver significant overall revenue and profit growth for the Karhoo business. The Key Account Manager will be responsible for identifying and building partnerships with the major players in the travel ecosystem who operate their own services (rail operators, airlines, OTA’s, etc.) to accelerate demand for rides via the adoption and usage of the Karhoo platform. The Key Account Manager will deliver customer value through structuring partnerships and have a strong sense of ownership and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
Required Experience and Attributes:
- PROVEN TRACK RECORD IN DIGITAL BUSINESS - Will have worked in business roles within high growth consumer-facing digital businesses preferably in the travel industry.
- STRATEGIC AND ANALYTICAL / DATA-DRIVEN - Will have a strategic mind-set with strong clarity of thought and ability to articulate. Will have a clear understanding of the competitive landscape whilst being able to forecast opportunities for revenue growth and further drive new commercial initiatives.
- BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT / PARTNERSHIPS EXPERIENCE - Will have demonstrated the ability to negotiate and build partnerships with third parties across multiple regions with a focus on Central Europe. Will be an excellent networker, positioning Karhoo as a key part of the ecosystem within the sector.
- GROWTH MINDSET / INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE - Will have experience in driving double-digit percentage revenue growth and scaling commercial organizations.
- COMMUNICATION AND INFLUENCING SKILLS - Will be a concise communicator, able to effortlessly engage across all levels of seniority across the business. Will have the gravitas and natural authority to establish instant credibility with stakeholders.
- KARHOO CULTURE FIT – Smart, inquisitive, ambitious, humble, authentic, transparent and collaborative. Suited to working in an ambiguous, high growth environment.
- Drive growth through ambitious and well-executed business development activity with leading players in the rail, cruise line and airline sectors
- Proactively prospect, qualify and grow the Central Europe portfolio
- Develop sales strategies, respond to RFPs and generate proposals that meet aggressive sales objectives
- Responsible for developing and nurturing multiple key client relationships with superior customer service
- Collaborate with the product team to create solutions tailored to exceed client expectations
- Communicate account forecasts to and set sales strategy
- Interface with cross-functional product, support, marketing teams
- Maintain high level of customer involvement positioning Karhoo as an innovative growing tech platform player in the rideshare marketplace
- Comfortably present products and services to all levels of the organization
- Help to develop key vendor partnerships
- Effectively cross-sell opportunities with other Karhoo products and services
- Fluency in English and German is Mandatory plus other European languages highly desirable.
- Proven Sales experience within the digital technology space
- Tech-savvy with an ability to communicate technical product features effectively and enthusiastically
- Knowledge of travel industry and previous experience with travel technology products highly desirable
- Ability to demonstrate excellent selling and negotiation skills
- Proven experience of a solution-based sale with superior presentation skills
- Strong interpersonal, relationship building and team-building skills
- Be willing to work independently and a self-starter
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic, target driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to lead and direct multiple projects simultaneously
- Experience working with, creating and executing customer and/or commercial value propositions in a B2B environment
- Fluency in English and German essential plus other European languages highly desirable.
Geographical Scope / Location
Remote in Germany, Austria or Switzerland
Karhoo - Better Together
At Karhoo we value diversity and recognise that building a diverse team makes our business stronger and more successful. To create an inclusive environment, we empower our staff with the responsibility to be open, share their ideas and experiences whilst listening to their colleagues for the betterment of themselves, our business and the industry we operate in.
Our Diversity and Inclusivity Forum, Better Together, is led by our staff and exists to provide Karhoo with the necessary information and initiatives to ensure our teams are representative and supportive of different cultures, experiences and perspectives that yield the very best results.